THE 23 WONDERFUL ACHIEVEMENTS OF ENGR. (MALL) ABDULRAZAQ MUHAMMAD, THE ADMINISTRATOR OF OKENE LOCAL GOVERNMENT
It is with deep sense of humility and glory to Almighty Allah that we have decided to keep the good people of Okene Local Government and indeed the general public abreast of our developmental strides in the last 18 months as the Administrator of Okene Local Government and in line with the New Direction Agenda of our leader, His Excellency, Alh. Yahaya Bello, the 4th Executive Governor of Kogi State.
Sworn into office on 6th May, 2016, the Administrator of Okene Local Government, Engr. (Mall) Abdulrazaq Muhammad hit the ground running, hence, have executed the following Projects/Special Interventions/Services to the benefits of the people of Okene Local Government Area;
1. Reorganisation of our Revenue team to block leakages and boast the Local Government Internal Generated Revenue (IGR)
2. Renovation of the Local Government Secretariat to a befitting status as the Administrative, Economic and political headquarter of Ebiraland
3. Rehabilitation of Okene Water works to ease the persistent water problem of the people
4. Construction of 3 Industrial motorised boreholes in Onyukoko and Orietesu wards to alleviate their water problems
5. Rehabilitation of boreholes at Orietesu and Bariki wards
6. Construction of internal road network within the farm centres to enable our farmers transport their farm produce with ease
7. Distribution of 600 bags of fertiliser to farmers to boast agricultural production
8. Remodelled the former Area Court into a befitting office apartment for Bank of Agriculture (BOA) in Okene to support existing farmers and encourage our teaming youths to agriculture and agro-allied businesses
9. Rehabilitation of Okene township roads
10. Rehabilitation of all street lights in Okene Local Government under our Operation light up Okene project
11. Construction of culvert drainage at Ozuwaya to control erosion
12. Repaired dilapidated bridge at Lafia street along Federal road
13. Provides 4 hectares of land for the construction of Forward Operation Base (FOB) for the military in Okene
14. Purchased Operational vehicles for the Police as well as motorcycles and donated residential apartment for the military
14. N4.5M Health Intervention Scheme for the sick persons in 2016
15. N1.5M Health Intervention Project for a spinal cord treatment of an indigent of Okene Local Government
16. Renovated and upgraded Agassa Primary Health Care Centre
17. Renovated and upgraded the FSP Secondary School to WAEC/NECO approved standard
18. Offer full Scholarship to Six (6) students of Okene indigene at Turkish International College, Abuja
19. Paid WAEC fees of 64 less privilege students in 2016/2017 academic session
20. Paid WAEC fees of 256 less privileged students and orphans in 2017/2018 academic session
21. Train over 600 Youths on various segments of Information Communication Technology (ICT)
22. Distributed over 80 motorcycles as part of his Youths Empowerment Scheme
23. Construction of 2 blocks of six (6) classrooms in 6 wards of Okene Local Government.
The above achievements remain unbeatable, amazing, second to non and most importantly affects the lives of the people in so many positive ways.
Note: His Philanthropist gestures were not captured as advised!
The Administration of Engr. (Mall) Abdulrazaq Muhammad in Okene Local Government is so unique and peaceful that even the oppositions now shout “Ya Muhammad”. His silent achievements can be likened to that of water waves which impact is at one end but the ripple effects are felt across the entire water body.
Okene Local Government leads while others follows and interms of developmental ideas, Okene is naturally ahead and Hon. Abdulrazaq is simply the best.
Special Adviser ( Media & Publicity)